Get Stirling Council to fix poor rural bus services
Residents in Stirling's rural communities, complain that the bus services are not fit for purpose. There are these litany of issues that the buses are:
- Noisy and uncomfortable, a lack of heating;
- Not accessible to users with diabilities;
- Lack of services from rural communities to to the Forth Valley Royal Hospital for appointments;
- Lacking integration with Glasgow destinations and train timetables, for example the services from Milngavie train station;
- Too slow to get to Glasgow. The bus service is a local stopping service all the way to Glasgow City Centre. Residents are requesting an express service;
- Too Expensive. Ticket prices even for short distances, such as from Strathblane to Milngavie are extortianate;
- Not running on a regular basis. There is sometimes a three hour gap of service;
- Not running to schedule. Residents have no idea whether the buses are running late, or just as worse, whether the bus has already gone past. Key bus stops should have elecronic signage to indicate when the next bus is due.
Sign up to this campaign online
Help spread the message
Whether you've already signed up to the campaign or aren't ready just yet, you can still help encourage other people to sign up.